BAKED BLACK BREAM in your AMIGO OVEN…
Amigos, try cooking fish in your Amigo Ovens – Delicious
Black Bream is considered by many to be equal in taste and texture to its more popular cousin the Sea Bass but it carries a much lower price tag, usually coming in at less than half the price. It’s a firm, meaty fish with beautiful, shimmering silver skin and bright, white flesh. Stocks of Bream are very healthy so you can eat it with a clear conscience.
A medium sized bream weighing about 700g will serve two people. A wood fired oven at about 200°c will keep your fish deliciously moist as well as adding a hint of smokiness to the flesh.
- 1 medium black bream, about 700g
- A splash of dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Few sprigs fresh fennel or dill
- 3 slices lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your Amigo Oven.
- Scale, clean and wash the bream.
- Put the rosemary and dill or fennel in the belly cavity along with the garlic and the lemon. Season well.
- Place in a roasting tin and add the splash of wine and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in hot oven for 15-20 minutes. Test by pressing down gently on the fish until you feel the flakes of flesh breaking apart under gentle pressure.
- Serve immediately